Behold, the two-time almost award-winning fanzine popular STAND is back again. Issue 85 of the fanzine has returned from the printers and is ready to go on sale at Doncaster Rovers’ home match with Leyton Orient on Saturday.
Where can I buy it?
We have managed to pull together four (count them four!) people who are ready and willing to sell you copies of issue 85 outside the stadium before Rovers vs Leyton Orient. From around 1:30pm until 2:50pm we’ll be in position at the following locations; beneath the statue on the path from the lake, by the Belle Vue bar,outside the South Stand turnstiles, and near West Stand turnstiles 15-18. If we’ve not sold out before kick-off you’ll also have the opportunity to buy a copy after the match at the entrance to car-park two.
What’s in it?
We’re back up ton 40 packed pages in this edition of the fanzine including:
- Editorial – on taking pride in our club
- The Bernard Glover Diariesget you up to speed on October and November
- Howard’s Marks – Catching up with Adam Lockwood at Guiseley
- Spotted! More Rovers players out and about
- Donny R’sonists Digest – The supporters’ team are back in action
- Go Away – Your guide to trips to Plymouth and Notts County
- Remembering the First Time – Malcolm Taylor goes back to 1958
- Bernard Glover’s Believe it or Not
- Conference Calls – Mark ‘The Sarge’ Albrighton grabs us by the throat
- Trump on Rovers – The President elect is back
- The Belles, The Belles – A look back at a disappointing 2016
- Mike Follows’ How The Git Stole Christmas
- Voice of the Pop Side – The 2003-04 title season revisited
- When an Old Footballer Leaves the Pitch – Richie Wellens’ last stand
- Watson TV – Tonight’s programming previewed
- Good Deed Feed – a chance to thank fellow fans
- For Peat’s Sake – Looking to football for a united front
- Jack the Miner’s Coal Face – Why three is Ferguson’s magic number
- Gary Brabin’s Memorial Lounge – Trying to assess Alick Jeffrey’s greatness
- Marshall Matters – What is it to be born a Rovers fan?
- Beneath the Statue – Sky Sports have ruined Glen Wilson’s birthday
- Windmills of Your Mind – Why there’ll be goals in 2016-17
- Reg Ipsa – Your problems answered
- The Shirt Locker – Rovers 1992-94 away shirt
Why should I buy it?
It is only £1. It’s completely independent and written by fellow Rovers fans, for all Rovers fans. And, all profits go to local charities in Doncaster so at the very least you’re supporting good cause in your town. So if you can pay more than £1 please do, it’d be very welcome.