Great news, we have finally proven the theory that if you lock ten monkeys in a number of rooms for a month or so, eventually they will produce a football fanzine. It may be a week late, but at last it is here. Issue 71 of popular STAND fanzine will be on sale at Rovers match away at Colchester United at the weekend. the fanzine will be on sale outside the away turnstiles from about 1:45pm. And if you miss us on the gates, look out for the bright red popular STAND bag inside the ground.
As ever, for the 17th season in a row, the fanzine is still only £1, with all profits, such as they are, going to Rovers-related or local good causes. And for that bargain figure, you get forty pages featuring the following:
- Is the new away kit the best ever?
- Schadenfreude with Jack the Miner
- Who is Tomlinson?
- Ruined summers and takeovers
- What does the future hold without JR?
- A statistical look back at 2013-14
- The Bernard Glover Diaries
- Belles Update, including an interview with Lyndsey Cunningham
- The VSC and the ACV
- Donny R’sonists Update
- Go Away! (Your guide to upcoming away games)
- It’s All Gone Wrong, with me Pete Tong
- An introduction to the DRSG
- Reg Ipsa; Legal Beagle
- Memorable Memorabilia
- My First Match
- Evans Watch
- Tweets of the Summer
And inevitably something else we’ve forgotten to list.
If you’re not at Colchester this weekend, don’t worry. You will also have three more opportunities to pick up this edition of the fanzine at the following matches:
- Oxford United Ladies v Doncaster Rovers Belles; Sunday 24 August
- Watford v Doncaster Rovers; Tuesday 26 August
- Doncaster Rovers v Oldham Athletic; Saturday 30 August