Yep, prepare to brace yourselves accordingly, popular STAND fanzine is back once again with the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour. Issue 84 of the almost-award winning fanzine goes on sale ahead of this Saturday’s Rovers match.
Where can so buy it?
We have, count them, four sellers ready and willing to sell you a copy of issue 84 outside the stadium before Rovers vs Colchester United. From around 1:30pm until 2:50pm we’ll be in position at the following locations; beneath the statue on the path from the lake, outside the South Stand turnstiles, by the Belle Vue bar and near West Stand turnstiles 15-18. If we’ve not sold out before kick-off you’ll also have the opportunity to buy a copy after the match at the entrance to car-park two.
What’s in it?
We’ve got 36 packed pages in this edition of the fanzine including:
- Editorial – reflections on the season thus far
- Bernard Glover’s Diaries recap the last two months
- Spotted! Rovers players out and about
- Trump on Rovers – The US Presidential candidate runs the rule over DRFC
- Go Away – Blackpool previewed
- Remembering the First Time – Lewis Reeves on a trip to Belle Vue
- Howard’s Marks – A visit to Goole AFC
- Voice of the Pop Side – Looking back at the oft forgotten Fred Emery
- Lazarus Rises – trying to understand the eternally miserable
- Beneath the Statue – How the Dab Cam highlights the FA’s failings
- The Shirt Locker – Rovers 1992-94 home shirt
- Conference Calls – ‘Halaam! Halaam! It’s Barry Miller
- Jack the Miner’s Coal Face – Remembering Ken Avis
- Peat’s Sake – Football isn’t only a game
- Gary Brabin’s Memorial Lounge – On the futility of yelling at footballers
- Bernard Glover’s Believe It or Not
- Marshall Matters – An interview with ex-Rover Lee Rogers
- Follows the Rovers – Plans for the Checkatrade Trophy revealed
- Windmills of Your Mind – An unintentional Anglo-German vaudeville act
- Hayter’s Gonna Hate – what’s annoying the ex-Rovers front man
- Reg Ipsa – Your problems answered
- Laws of the Game – School Yard Edition – Law 11 Goal-hanging
Why should I buy it?
It is only £1. It’s completely independent and written by fellow Rovers fans, for all Rovers fans. And, all profits go to local charities in Doncaster so at the very least you’re supporting good cause in your town. So if you can pay more than £1 please do, it’d be very welcome.