Been thinking ‘it’s been a while since the last fanzine’? That’s because it is, but worry no longer, as to celebrate Rovers remembering how to win at home, we’ve got a new issue of popular STAND out. Yep, issue 90 of the FSF Award winning fanzine popular STAND is on sale at Doncaster Rovers’ home match with Walsall on Saturday.
Where can I buy it?
At present we have two fanzine sellers primed and ready to go this Saturday, outside the stadium before Rovers vs Gillingham. From around 1:30pm until 2:50pm we’ll be in position beneath the statue on the path from the lake, and by the Belle Vue bar.
If we manage to find another person to help us out, from about 2pm you’ll find the fanzine on sale outside the South Stand turnstiles too. If we’ve not sold out before kick-off you’ll also have the opportunity to buy a copy after the match at the entrance to car-park two, but don’t take the chance – three of our last four issues have all sold out before the match.
What’s in it?
Inside this issue’s 40 packed fanzine pages you’ll find:
- Editorial – on how long is long enough for a football manager
- The Bernard Glover Diaries – catching up on Rovers’ season so far
- Spotted! – Rovers players seen out and about
- Marshall Matters – are we really a team that plays in hoops?
- Howard’s Marks – down in (Tadcaster) Albion
- Voice of the Pop Side – Rovers’ history of stepping up to the third tier
- How the Other Half Live – experiences of Arsenal and Chelsea
- For Peat’s Sake – Will ‘churnalism’ be the death of club reporting?
- The Fan Panel – thoughts on the manager, players, and the club
- Remembering the First Time – Bill Rollitt takes us back to 1956
- Stock Check – is Brian OK?
- Follows the Rovers – is there such thing as a Toffolo?
- Fash Forward – James McMahon reviews the new Justin Fashanu documentary
- Lazarus Rising – does our support actually make an impact?
- Watson TV – a look at what’s on the box
- Reasons to Love Football – getting a touch of the matchball
- The Strikers’ Graveyard – Carl Alford remembered
- Gary Brabin’s Memorial Lounge – in search of football’s veggie option
- Bernard Glover’s Believe it or Not
- Beneath the Statue – on the people who review football matches
- Riccardo Calder’s Ever Decreasing Social Circles
- Windmills of Your Mind – Dutch Uncle goes Dutch
- Reg Ipsa – Your problems sort of answered
- Check Our Tirade – the fans boycotting football with football
Why should I buy it?
You only need to pay £1 for it. It’s completely independent and written by fellow Rovers fans, for the enjoyment of all Rovers fans. And, all profits go to local charities in Doncaster so at the very least you’re supporting good causes in your town. So if you can pay more than that £1 please do, it’d be very welcome.